Ring of truth here... false modesty be darned, I might as well give it a try.Right now, say it out loud: “I’m so proud of myself.” The rush of strength and expansiveness that comes from declaring this honestly is the antidote to paralysis and the beginning of wonderful adventures, and each time you choose that, instead of shame, you really should be proud.
Ten I'm-Proud-of-Myself Things:
- I am proud of myself for passing up the free samples of funnel cake and cinnamon rolls at the grocery store again today.
- I am proud of myself for 52 days of abstaining from cake, cookies, ice cream, chocolate, pastries, pie and candy.
- I am proud of myself for 52 days of abstaining from overeating until I am beyond full.
- I am proud of myself for walking 2.2 miles on most of the 52 days since joining OA.
- I am proud of myself for starting a daily arm exercise program.
- I am proud of myself for my efforts at staying honest and true in writing this blog.
- I am proud of myself for attempting to feel my feeling and for telling my best friend she didn't need to fix my sadness yesterday.
- I am proud of myself for asking my husband for help with this list.
- I am proud of myself for making an "excellent dinner and then doing the dishes on top of that." (My husband's suggestion...)
- I'm so proud of (and shocked at) myself for writing this list and posting it.