Friday, July 25, 2014

Starting Over

Have you ever devoured an entire cheese cake, a thick, bakery-fresh, New York style, cheese cake, one designed to serve 4 people, in one sitting? If so, you know how horrible it makes you feel a little while later, and how fuzzy your teeth get.  If not, don't. It does not fix your despair. It does not make you feel better. In fact, quite the contrary, it makes you feel a thousand times worse, as you set your abstinence back to zero... again... as you realize once again that compulsive eating makes you feel crazy. I know, because that's what happened yesterday.

The good news is, that was yesterday. Today I was abstinent. Reminder to self: it makes you feel great to be abstinent.

That's all for today. Tomorrow is another new day, day 2 maybe.

4 comments:

  1. OHhhh...I wish I could give you a pat on the back and tell you it will all be fine. hang in there-don't be a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PJ... it felt so good to get your message in my email... I have been a stranger and have missed you. Will visit your blog right now!

      Delete
  2. My "cheesecake" a few weeks ago was half a loaf of baguette bread loaded with butter. Yep, know just the feelings you describe. I'm so glad you are on to day 2, instead of being stuck in day 1.

    Blessings to you, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing about our little blogging community, Retta... we do know and we do understand how it is that something like this can happen and the feelings associated with it. I'm still reeling a bit from the shock of consuming so much at one time, but I have stayed abstinent for the past 2 days. Thanks so much for being here... Blessings to you too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it very much.