I make tea, thinking that will help. Normally I add a little splenda to my black tea. These days, the kitchen offers honey... ooooh, gooey, sweet... even more will be better.
I notice, reading PJ's recent post, that I'm not alone in being lured by a voice that says, "Restaurant food is better! You need pizza tonight. Pizza will help." Tonight however, my HP guided me to my own refrigerator, where I found left-over pea, bean, veggie, ham soup, which was totally delicious and much better than restaurant pizza. Thank you HP.
The group consciousness of the readers/commenters to Words Paint and writers of other related blogs helps too. I am so grateful for the comments to my previous post. There were many helpful ideas and a sense of support that has helped me immeasurably, both with taking baby steps and with the siren song of food.
In the past week, many other angels buoyed my spirits as well...
- friends who listen and share their thoughts
- my sister-in-law who suggests I go on the internet and read about the signs of verbal abuse and label myself as a victim of it
- a real estate agent, previously unknown to me, who is gentle, accepting and understanding
- my longest time friend, who listens so well
- my OA group which is a special source of wisdom and calm