I hear the resentment and entitlement in my own voice. Yep. Resenting the time it takes to do this work. Resenting the boredom I feel while I'm doing it. Resentment begets feelings of entitlement and feelings of entitlement send me right to the kitchen... If I have to do this then I should get that (that being food, of course). Let's examine the wisdom of allowing resentment into this otherwise productive day...
What if I choose to look at gratitude instead? What if I make a gratitude list surrounding my work so far this morning? OK, here we go again... 10 Things for which I feel gratitude regarding my work this morning:
- I've been able to figure out how to use Photoshop to fix photos.
- My fingers, particularly right-index finger, are not aching today (arthritis in hiding).
- The pictures look really good when I finish them.
- I had a nice break and took a walk up the hill to the mail box.
- Robert rubbed my shoulders for a few moments.
- My back isn't hurting too much today.
- In a couple more hours, I'll get to check one series of step-out photos off my list!
- Good sleep last night. Feeling rested today.
- Coffee tastes good. Enjoyed my morning coffee.
- Computer is working well today.
+ + + + + + + + +
Gratitude for today: 10 Things Lists, my friend Liz (who started me making 10 Things Lists), sunshine, crisp fall air, all flowers, driftwood, support of readers of WP.