Here's my ride for the next six days. I ride my own bike (Suzuki 800) because it's fun, and I love it, and my husband can carry more camera gear on his bike when he's not carrying me. BTW, we're not Harley folks and don't generally ride in a group. Except this time we will be riding with some of my husband's friends for a couple of days. Apprehensive as I am about this particular ride, I'm determined to stay on program and to have a good time. Several readers of my previous post gave me some great ideas and support (THANKS!)...
Ten Things for the Ride
- I will ride with caution and not take any risks. If I can't keep up, so be it. I will risk getting lost rather than ride in a way that feels unsafe to me.
- At each stop, I will make rendezvous plans with my husband in case we get separated.
- One day at a time, I will not eat any of my binge foods.
- When things don't go my way, I will recall the serenity prayer.
- I will observe the people we encounter and the world around us with a mind open to inspiration and beauty.
- I will take lots of photos.
- I will give myself a little slack to eat meals in restaurants that might be a bit higher in fat and carbs than I usually do at home.
- I will not take my husband's moods personally. This is a tall order and may be the biggest challenge of the trip.
- I will be firm, yet realistic, about asking for what I need.
- I will feel my feelings, acknowledge them, respect them.
Oh yes, and one more... I will post a few pictures and a report when I return next week.