- like eating vast amounts of chocolate cake might help
- afraid (have I let any of them down?)
- sad, very sad
Thinking about life's ups and downs, about problems and losses we all face, about how we cope, about my binge foods and how they really wouldn't help me get through this week any more easily. Voice of reason speaking, but that didn't seem to stop me from dwelling on certain treats I would have allowed myself in the past.
Feeling sorry for myself; feeling burdened; feeling heavy and sad... all excuses to consume many treats in the past. Giving myself rewards because I carry on, treats as compensation for doing things that seem difficult. Now what do I do? Now how can I reward myself?
That's actually a good question. 10 things I might possibly substitute for food/treat rewards:
- maybe rather than need rewards, I need to identify and set better boundaries?
- an hour of quiet to do whatever I want
- take a walk at a favorite place
- an early haircut, before I start looking shaggy
- 15 minutes in the rocker with the cat on my lap
- repeat the serenity prayer
- give myself time to paint
- write morning pages
- ask my husband for a big hug
So, I'm asking anybody who's reading this... what rewards do you give yourself that aren't in any way about food?